I'm doing a bonus blog this weekend!
We stopped at the house Friday after work and saw that all of the finishing touches were done: the fireplace has glass doors now, the microwave is installed, the dishwasher is installed, the hood above the stove is finished, etc. Seriously - all of it is done. This is weird to say, but the house is done!
There's still a few things to do on the exterior, like the transition strips and stone around parts of the driveway, final grading, and seeding/landscaping. Victor didn't want to work on the exterior stuff last week until we knew whether or not Hurricane Florence was going to make an appearance in Maryland. She didn't other than some rain here and there, so they'll be working on those next week while we get inspections.
We stopped at the house on Saturday too and as we were leaving, we saw the cleaning crew come in to clean the windows. They told us that on Monday, the rest of the cleaning crew is coming to clean the house top to bottom. This means we are SO close!! I made a mistake in my last blog (and corrected it already) - we actually have 8 inspections that have to pass before we can move in. We have 2 completed already and then 3 of them are scheduled for Monday.
With that said, I really don't know what's left to blog about until we move in. Thank you so much for following along and watching our forever house go through this process. We have a very long list of projects we are going to do once we get in the new house starting with smaller projects like painting up to bigger projects like having a deck and a fence installed in a few weeks. Stay tuned, I'll post updates while we go through it. And, someday soon Steve and I will have money back in our bank accounts to go on some trips again, and the blog will return to its regularly scheduled programming. ;-) Steve and I love to entertain and have people over, so feel free to visit us so you can see our house in person! For our local followers, there will be one hell of a housewarming party coming soon!
 |
| Hood is finally finished |
 |
| Powder room finally has a toilet and sink; we had to wait for floors first. |
 |
| Doors on the fireplace. I might love this fireplace as much as I love Steve. |
 |
| Dishwasher |
 |
| Microwave |
 |
| We finally have hardware in our shower, but it isn't exactly correct. Our shower is huge, so we paid extra to have an additional handheld shower head so we can use it to clean. We've already heard back from Bob Ward that they will get this fixed. We're hoping it's after we move in so we don't have to wait any longer. |
No comments:
Post a Comment