Friday, September 14, 2018

Come and Knock on Our Door!

I meant to blog last night, but forgot about the Ravens game.  It turns out the Ravens forgot about the game last night too.  :-(  Anyway, the house...

Flooring stopped last Thursday and we didn't know why.  We thought that it had something to do with the fact that they were gearing up to pave the driveway and they wanted that to sit over the weekend without contractors driving on it.  That just turned out to be lucky in a way.  We found out on Tuesday this week that flooring stopped because a lot of the material was damaged.  They sent it back and it was delivered and installed on Wednesday.  So floors are done!  I didn't bother with many pictures of it because they have white paper down so that contractors can walk around the house without messing up the brand new floors (although there are a lot of dusty footprints all over the place too).

The flooring in the bar - the room with the least amount of paper in it.
The plumber has been to the house once already and he started the chlorine flush, which is great news.  We are hoping that is done soon so that the water can be tested and we get another inspection down.  Speaking of inspections, there are 8 total and we've passed 2 already.  We had a third one for electric this week and Steve saw yesterday that it failed but we don't know why yet.  We think it has something to do with our dishwasher and garbage disposal not hooked up yet, but we don't know for sure.

The drywall touch ups were completed this week and the painter came in on Wednesday to start those touch ups.  The painter also did the first coat on our front door and I absolutely LOVE the color.  We have an advantage by not living in a neighborhood - we don't have an HOA so we can do whatever we want to our house.  I wanted a pop of color on our door to break up all the neutrals and I think I got my pop!  If anyone is curious, the color is Spa by Sherwin Williams.

LOVE the door!

Close up



No comments:

Post a Comment