Sunday, September 2, 2018

I Love Lamp

I don't think I will ever be able to say this enough:  I hate BGE.  They were supposed to be completely done with their work this past Monday, and that was not the case.  On Monday, we were expecting a response from our weekend email to Matthew (because surprisingly Ferguson did work on Saturday) where we were confirming that Monday was still the expected completion.  No response.  On Monday night, we sent another email expecting a response on Tuesday.  Tuesday we emailed and called.  No response.  Tuesday evening after another day of no power, I called Matthew's boss.  That was the correct fire to light apparently.  Tom (Matthew's boss) called the contractor Tuesday night and they claimed they never received the paperwork to install the meter at the house.  This was the only thing left in order for us to have power.  Thankfully Tom pulled some strings to make sure that happened Wednesday morning and by Wednesday afternoon, we knew Victor had been to the house and he confirmed we had power!  You have no idea how happy I am that we have power and that we are done with BGE's (mostly Matthew's) shenanigans.

Do you know how exciting it was to go into our house and turn lights on and off?  And ring the doorbell?  And have the AC running?  It's a huge hurdle that is finally behind us.  All that's left now is flooring, chlorine flush in the pipes, and a ton of inspections.  We are hoping we're only about 3 weeks away from move in, but that will depend on how long the chlorine flush takes and whether we pass inspections or not.

We weren't able to see lights on or turn them on until Thursday - this was so fun to see as we pulled into the driveway!

Look at all the lights that are on!!!  PS - I hate that pendant light over the island about as much as I hate BGE.  We already have a replacement for it.
A few little things happened at the house this week too.  We finally have our barn doors installed (well...regular doors on barn door hardware - it was $4,000 per door if we went with actual wood barn doors) and our porch railing was installed.  We have to have the railing on the porch because of the grading in the front yard - it's slightly too big of a step and wouldn't be code if we didn't have it.  Whenever I've dreamed of having a front porch in my head, it's always included a railing, so I'm not heartbroken at all over needing to have one.

Pantry closed 
Pantry open


Master bath closed

Master bath open

Porch railing!

No comments:

Post a Comment