It seems odd to be posting about "Before" pictures, when you've already seen the "Before Before Pictures" as the house was built! But I figured it'd be fun to continue the blog through the process of getting settled and personalizing our home over the next few months. We stopped at the house today and lucked out that the painters were there with the door open (we maybe had some other plans of getting in if no one was there...). I thought it'd be a good idea to have before pictures while the house is empty so you can see the progression as we paint, unpack, arrange furniture, etc.
The first project on the list is paint. We didn't even ask Bob Ward about pricing out how much it would be to paint the house because I really do like doing it. And it's one of those things that anyone can do, so I'd rather save the money and put in my own time for that. First room to paint will be our bedroom and bathroom so we can start living in those rooms as soon as our new bedroom furniture is delivered next Tuesday. Next up is the family room and kitchen/dining room/mudroom. With the open concept plan we have, the kitchen, dining room, and mudroom are all going to be the same color for now. Eventually I might change up the dining room, but we'll see. Then the main guest room will be painted next. Any other room, I have no idea what to paint yet because I just need to start seeing our own things in the house first. Our first priority on Friday and Saturday will be to get as much of that painting done as we possibly can. Sunday morning is when our wonderful friends are going to help us move all our stuff in the house. I know some of them have been following the blog, so thank you in advance for helping us move in!
I'll try to remember to take pictures of the progression of each room, but I can't make any promises. Once I get busy doing something, I may forget to stop and take pictures. Anyway, for the time being, here are the "After" pictures of the build process! :-) Steve and I are overjoyed with how everything turned out and we can't wait to make this house our home!!
Video Tour
Bar
Bar
Bar
Steve in the Powder Room
Kitchen looking into Family Room
Family Room looking into Kitchen and Dining Room
Pantry
Family Room
Kitchen
Basement
Upstairs now; Hallway Bathroom
Same Bathroom
Bedroom #1
Bedroom #2
Guest Bedroom (aka Bedroom #3)
Guest Bathroom
Walk-in Closet in Guest Bedroom
Laundry Room (don't worry, that vinyl will be gone pretty quickly)
No comments:
Post a Comment