I wish this blog would bring exciting news about the house, but literally nothing has happened this week at Home Base. The only mildly exciting progress made was that the lumber for the framing was delivered on Monday. That's it.
 |
| Lumber for framing |
 |
| Snow in the basement on Friday |
We have the weather to blame for all this because we ended up getting about 8 total inches of snow all day Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday, there was still a blanket of snow everywhere, so they didn't do anything that day. On Friday, I drove by and nothing was done then either. We have extremely high hopes that framing starts on Monday. Someone please feel free to hunt down that asshole groundhog...I'm ready for warmer weather and no snow!
In the meantime, we have been super busy preparing our current house for sale. We plan to list it on May 18. We've been busy packing up things, moving stuff to storage, selling off furniture and items we don't need anymore, and painting. We're almost done painting all the trim and doors and we're working on painting almost every room in the house. I usually enjoy painting, but when it is with neutral colors and I don't get to brainstorm some fun decorating ideas, it really feels more like a chore. I even took Wednesday off work to just paint all day which helped give us a boost in our huge list of things to do to get ready to sell. We're trying to get all the painting done within the next week since we'll be scheduling carpet installation late next week or early the week after. It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint on walls and trim does to a house! Our house is 17 years old and I feel like the paint has "erased" many years and makes it look almost brand new! Here's hoping that translates into a bidding war on our house! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment