Last week we had so many exciting things happening with the house, but this week progress came to a screeching halt. :-( I stop by Home Base pretty much every day on my way home from work and on Monday I was sad to see that nothing had changed.
Tuesday, Steve met me at the lot where we saw that not much had changed that day either. They were supposed to waterproof the basement, but for whatever reason it wasn't done. We were happy to see that a plumber had put in the start of the plumbing for the whole house. But that's really the only milestone we've hit this week.
 |
| Plumbing |
Quick funny story about stopping at the house on Tuesday. I got there before Steve did and I saw a silver Honda CR-V pull into the driveway just before me. I thought it was my mom since that's the car she drives and I watched "her" drive all the way down the driveway to the house. I park at the top of the driveway since the construction drive scrapes the bottom of my car. I hurried out of the car to meet "mom" down there. As I got down there, I realized the gentleman walking around the house was most definitely not my mother! He looked a little puzzled at me so I introduced myself and said "I'm buying that," as I pointed to the house. That's when I noticed he had a Bob Ward jacket on. He introduced himself (Craig) and he wanted to stop by to see how things were progressing. Long story short, we found out from Katie yesterday when we stopped at the model home to measure something, that Craig and sometimes even Bob Ward himself will randomly stop at houses as quality control. Katie even explained that that will probably happen a few more times too throughout the build. We liked hearing that!
We had a few inspections done on Wednesday, but unfortunately had the foundation inspection cancelled since they haven't finished the waterproofing for it yet along with a couple other things. Wednesday morning, we had a meeting with our Superintendent from Bob Ward, Victor. He was great and it was nice to finally meet the person who is running the show with our house. Tuesday night into most of the day Wednesday brought a few inches of snow, which meant a chilly and quick meeting with Victor! It was fun to see what our yard will look like with freshly fallen snow, but Victor told us that we would be delayed because of this which we already assumed anyway. On a positive note, both Craig and Victor commented on the beautiful lot we have. We tend to agree. :-)
 |
| Looking towards the side/backyard (garage in foreground) |
 |
| Looking towards the front/side yard (kitchen/family room in foreground) |
Best case scenario would be that they do the waterproofing and the last of the foundation work tomorrow. That would mean an inspection on Monday or Tuesday, and then hopefully they start framing on Wednesday. Victor did tell us that the steel beams, floor joists, and lumber are all on order, so they should be ready to rock and roll when the inspections are done.
No comments:
Post a Comment