Friday, April 6, 2018

No More Lumbering Around!

I'm so excited to be sharing this blog!  After over two weeks of nothing happening to the house, framing officially started this week!  We found out on Monday that they hadn't started anything due to last week's weather.  We did have more days with rain than we did without it last week, but there were some days where they could have worked.  Their email on Monday blamed the rain which made us a little nervous since it was in the forecast for most of this week and a lot of next week.  This would have meant an entire month would go by before they started framing.  I was getting antsy (to put it mildly).  Thankfully, things started moving this week.

We ended up having rain on Tuesday, but they did start laying the sub-floor for the main floor that day!

Sub-floor on the main level

Sub-floor on top

Framed in basement - the steps will be in front of the wall that's framed there

Basement...not much to frame in this part.  The lumber was soaked from all the rain, so it was pretty wet in the basement!
Wednesday didn't have a whole lot of rain, but it was really windy.  Not as windy as the storm from a few weeks ago, but windy enough that they were a little nervous to put walls up that day.  They did end up putting up the back wall of the dining room and the wall from one side of the house.

Looking from the front corner - dining room in back; family room and office/bar on the side

Looking from the side - dining room wall to the left, family room and office straight ahead
On Thursday, it finally started to look like a house!!  I got there while they were still working, so I didn't want to go inside and be in their way, but I took some pictures of the outside.

Front of the house - we got a 3-car garage which is why it sticks out so much in the front 
Side of house



Back of house

Garage/other side of house
Today, the framers completed the sub-floor for the second story and we got to walk through the main floor of the house.  That's when it really hit me that we are building a house!  I got SO excited that we were walking through OUR house!  We've been through the model countless times, but this time it was ours.  It was such a surreal feeling!  I took lots of pictures, but I figured a video tour might be better (see below).



Where I found Steve after the video tour

No comments:

Post a Comment