Saturday, March 17, 2018

We're Floored!

It was another semi-boring week at Home Base.  Steve and I stopped by last Friday where we were happy to see that they did the waterproofing on the outside of the house and in the garage and front porch.  This was good news because that meant they could start backfilling.

The black stuff is the waterproofing.
On Sunday, we decided to stop by on a whim thinking nothing would have changed since last Friday.  But we were surprised to see they did start backfilling over the weekend.  This got my hopes up that we'd see framing start at the end of the week (spoiler alert, it didn't).  I was excited, though, that I am finally able to take a picture of the front of the house without the giant pile of dirt in the way!

Garage

Finally a picture of the front of the house!!  Steve's on the front porch.
I stopped by on Monday hoping to see some progress, but nothing had changed.  Tuesday was slightly more exciting because they had done the prep work to pour the slab, which is the garage floor and basement floor (they do the porch later).  We knew on Wednesday they had a slab prep inspection, which had passed pretty early on in the day, but we weren't surprised to see that they didn't pour the slab that day.

Vapor barrier/prepping for basement floor

Vapor barrier/prepping for garage floor
I stopped by after work on Thursday with one of our loyal blog followers, Tyler (shout out!).  I was happy to see that the slab was FINALLY poured.  I was hoping it would still be wet enough that I could put our initials in either the garage or basement, but silly work got in the way and it was dry by the time I got there.  The nice thing is, now that the slab is poured, framing can start any day!

Garage floor

Basement floor from above.  The circles are where the steel beams will go when they start framing.

Basement floor from the walkout
Steve and I met at Home Base yesterday afternoon and they didn't start framing yet, but the steel beams were delivered which is a good sign that they'll be starting soon.

Steel beams

The view from the front porch.
We're hoping framing can start before Wednesday of next week because winter is desperately holding on, and we have another storm coming our way that's supposed to be bringing a few inches of snow.  If that's the case, we'll be delayed again for who knows how long.

No comments:

Post a Comment