Monday, June 18, 2018

Grout Expectations

I have a couple really fun updates to share today.  The first update is that on Saturday we were completely surprised to see that the stone fireplace surround was installed!  As Steve and I pulled into the driveway we saw chunks of rock in the dumpster and we thought that was indicative of the counters being installed in the kitchen.  We didn't look close enough to determine what it really was, but I was a little bit sad when we walked in and didn't see counters.  Then Steve said, "Well that's different!"  So I looked into the great room - and there it was - a gorgeous stone surround!  For those that saw my post on Facebook about it, that was my actual reaction, along with jumping up and down like a goofball!  :-)  I thought the kitchen cabinets were the new love of my life, but that was before the stone.  On Sunday morning, we had a lot of time to kill before Father's Day festivities and my flight, so Steve and I went out to the house just so I could stare at the cabinets and the fireplace before I left for a few days.  Yes I know, I have a problem.  My name is Becky, and I am obsessed with our new house.  We also had fun planning out what each cabinet was going to store so that we are all ready to go in the kitchen once we move in.  If you haven't figured this out already - Steve and I are the planning type.  ;-)

Beautiful, right?!?!
Next update is the tile.  The tile guys came back and grouted all the bathrooms and finished off the master bath tile, so now you can officially see what the shower looks like.  Sadly, I haven't even seen this in person yet since I'm in Dallas right now, but the picture has me extremely excited to see the real thing!  Quick funny story - the guys were still working while Steve was there to get pictures.  Steve saw the shower wall and before saying hello to anyone said, "That looks incredible!"  One of the tile guys had a laugh and said "That's what I just said!"

Guest Bathroom all done 
Hall bathroom all done


Closeup of grout - I actually wanted darker, but this is the darkest color they had.  White grout is impossible to keep clean!

Master shower - the stripe is also on the inside of the shower (the other side of the wall you see pictured)

No comments:

Post a Comment