Thursday, April 12, 2018

Nailed It!

There has been a lot of progress on the house this week!  One milestone is that the second story is all framed out and we have steps that are secured properly!  Our superintendent, Victor, didn't want us using the steps the other day, so we just waited until he left to sneak up there (don't tell my mom).  ;-)  I couldn't wait any longer to see how it all turned out!  I was especially excited to see the master bathroom since we completely redesigned it on paper.  I think it looks great so far!

The other milestone is that the roof is up!  We found out from Victor today that our shingles are on back order, but they should be in on Tuesday.  HVAC was ready to be delivered, but Victor pushed it back to wait for the shingles because it's not good to let all that get wet and we have some rain coming Sunday and Monday.  The downside is, I was so excited to get a video of the second story today that I completely forgot to get outside pictures of the house.  I'll take more pictures over the weekend since windows may be installed tomorrow or Saturday.

We did discuss the bump-out issue from the last blog with Victor and Dennis (the framing foreman).  They explained that when they see the bump-outs in the plans, they end up not building them because the fridge doors will end up hitting the wall.  We would have appreciated being told this up front, but we worked through it.  They could tell that when we heard their reasoning we were a little frustrated, so they said that we should go home and figure out the dimensions of the fridge we want.  If we still want or need the bump-out, then it was an easy fix to do.  That evening Steve and I compared the two fridges we were considering.  They were basically the same model, only one is bigger than the other.  We decided to go with the counter-depth model which means we don't need the bump-out.  What Victor and Dennis don't know about me is I have a solid memory.  Hopefully there aren't any more bumps in the road later, but if so, I will certainly be bringing up the fact that we let this one go.  :-)

In the meantime, enjoy the video of the second floor!  There might be a blog on Sunday if the windows are put in over the weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment