Sunday, July 22, 2018

Power to the People, Please?

Angry, mad, irate, livid, pissed - none of those words accurately describe my rage on Friday.  I had every intention to blog about the house Friday afternoon, but I was so angry that I just couldn't.  The reason I was angry was because we received an email from our team at Bob Ward that informed us that BGE wasn't going to run the power line until August 20th.  On top of being whatever the strongest word for "angry" is, we were heartbroken.  The house is so close to being done and this sets us back another month.  We've asked Bob Ward what can be done to speed things up and if we can at least get into the house to paint.  We're still waiting to hear back on those things, but we're really hopeful for positive outcomes on both.

Saturday, we decided to drive out to the house anyway to see if any of the random tasks on the inside were completed (they weren't...), and as we drove in, we saw two BGE trucks in our driveway!  I think we were both running out of the car to the trucks before Steve had the car in park (I'm exaggerating, but trying to convey our excitement)!  We spoke with a very nice guy from BGE who told us they installed a new utility pole which was something we didn't even know had to happen.  We asked about the August 20th date and he said that seemed pretty absurd to make us wait a month before we have power.  He was going to say something to his people that we are ready for power and he highly encouraged us to tell our team at Bob Ward to put pressure on BGE to run the line.  He even told us that Bob Ward has more pull than they think.  Our first task tomorrow morning will be to let our team at Bob Ward know that!  We are also thankful that a few friends of ours have reached out to let us know that they know someone who works at BGE and that we can reach out to them too.

That's pretty much it for the blog.  Since nothing has changed at the house, I don't have any pictures to share.  Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment