I didn't get to blog yesterday because we got home too late from hanging out with my cousins and my friend Jill. So here's the rundown of what we did yesterday...
Holland, MI, has some Dutch roots and in the 34 years I have been alive and coming to Michigan almost every year, I have never been to the DeZwaan windmill which actually came over from the Netherlands in 1964. This year, we finally went to Windmill Island with my Aunt Lisa. Funny story, my mom and her sister (Aunt Lisa) feel the need to fight over who pays for things like meals and admission into Windmill Island. When we got there, I knew Aunt Lisa would try to pay for us so I sent Steve ahead to beat her to it. Sure enough, Aunt Lisa figured out we were trying to be sneaky, so she and Steve started sprinting to the ticket booth. Pretty sure Steve threw an elbow because he ended up winning. :-) Anyway, Windmill Island is a cute little park with pretty gardens, the windmill, and then Dutch-themed buildings you can explore. We saw some Dutch dancing in front of the windmill and then took the tour of the still-working windmill.
 |
| Cool Dutch organ |
 |
| DeZwaan Windmill |
After the windmill, we went to Grand Haven with Alyssa (my cousin) to meet Jill for some bar-hopping. Jordan, Faye, Nick, and Becca all met us out as well (my cousins and their significant others). We were able to hit two brew pubs while we were there: Grand Armory Brewing and Oddside Ales. Oddside was not our favorite, and Grand Armory was very good. I highly recommend the Nutter Your Business - it's a peanut butter stout and it was so yummy!
 |
| Oddside Ales Sampler |
 |
| My cousin Alyssa, Steve, me, Jill, my cousin Nick and his girlfriend Becca |
 |
Grand Armory Sampler
|
No comments:
Post a Comment