Tuesday, August 14, 2018

More Than Meets The Eye

Picking up where the last blog left off...

Last Tuesday we had our meeting with Clark, Victor, and Megan which you can read about (and get caught up on the BGE saga) here.  I think during the meeting with our Bob Ward team we may have reminded them that we get shutters by a couple of the windows because when we mentioned it they had to check the plans to be sure.  I drove by the next morning on my way to work and the shutters were already installed!  That's pretty much it for updates to the house, but now the update on BGE...

Shutters

Fitting the stained glass in the window!

The window my dad made!  We haven't officially installed it yet (we're waiting until we move in).  We were just fitting it in the window in these pictures and dad has a few finishing touches to do.  LOVE IT!!!
We heard from Matthew at BGE last Wednesday that he had his conference call with the contractor who was doing the work at our house and the absolutely fantastic news was that they were able to move our job up to "middle of next week," meaning this week.  I was setting myself up to be in "I'll believe it when I see it" mode and well...I never thought I'd be so happy seeing a transformer in our yard today!

HOLY CRAP - WE ARE GETTING POWER SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's pretty much it for now.  Once the power run is done, there are a few loose ends in the house to take care of and then work towards getting our occupancy permit.

No comments:

Post a Comment