Thursday, February 22, 2018

"Alexa, drumroll." Seriously, do it.

Yesterday and the day before were sunny and in the upper 70's so we thought there would be some progress on the house.  We stopped by yesterday after work and we were a little disappointed that nothing had happened since the silt fence was installed last week.  Today was cooler, overcast, and drizzly all day.  It's sort of on my way home to drive by the house, so I did it today but didn't think I'd see anything different since yesterday.  I've never been more excited to be wrong - they broke ground today!!!  :-)

Next step is probably laying down the construction driveway (which will eventually become our permanent driveway).  We're supposed to have nicer weather next week, so we're hoping that they pour the foundation on Monday.

Don't forget you can click on the pictures to make them bigger...

I was so excited to see the bulldozer and even more so to see the mounds of dirt!!

Looking down on our property - remember yellow stakes are driveway.  :-)

The hole for the house!!  We are going to have a walkout on the right side of the house which is why it's level on that side.

Left side is going to be the part of the driveway; right side is the house

Looking from where our garden will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment